Here is the current description of the iTunes custom installers.
You can use them exactly as the original installer. You can sync your iPod, Shuffle, iPod Touch and iPhone, update their firmware, manage your music library, listen to radio, etc.
My installers are switchless. When you run them, iTunes will be installed without asking you anything and all you will see is the installation progress. You don’t need to do anything else.
- Removed Bonjour service. If you share your iTunes library over a network, you wil need it. Just extract the Bonjour MSI file from the original iTunes installer (use either the 32-bit or 64-bit version) using 7-Zip or WinRAR and run it.
- Removed Apple Software Update. It won’t be scheduled to run periodically to check for updated versions of iTunes, Safari or QuickTime.
- Removed iTunes Helper. This is a process that loads at startup to supposedly help iTunes startup speed by pre-loading some data. This is not needed at all.
- It won’t associate itself with all the supported file formats. You can change that in its settings page if you want it to be your default player.
- It is installed for all users, unlike the original installer which install for the current user only.
There are English-only installers on the Custom Installers downloads page. This are modified by Conrad using my own installers. He removes all other languages and Mobile Device Support, making them only suitable for people with iPods, not iPod Touch or iPhones.
- When you first run iTunes, it will tell you that Bonjour isn’t installed. You can dismiss it as it is not needed unless you share your library over a network.
- Please uninstall any previous versions of iTunes before using my installers. This is to avoid any conflicts with older versions.
- If you get an installation problem, use Windows Disk Cleanup tool to remove temporary files (make sure to check them in the list) and try again. Another common solution is to run Microsoft’s Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter tool to find and remove corrupted data.
- For any other problems or questions with these installers, please post in the comments section on the Custom Installers page.